Benefits of Short Term Contract Hire
Whilst most Contract Hire and Car Leasing deals tend to last for 2 to 3 years, and the costs of Daily Rental Vehicles over longer periods can prove quite costly, a Short Term Car Lease fits the gap nicely in the middle.
Most Short Term Flexible Car Leasing contracts start from a 3 month car lease and can be as long as a 12 month car lease, with the option to change your car every 3 months (subject to Documentation and Delivery Fee’s). We always say that it works very similar to a Mobile Phone contact; you choose your lease car (handset), then choose the monthly mileage (minutes) and then the term of the short term car lease contract.
As a traditional lease, the rental is worked out by calculating the difference between the value of the car at the start of the contract and then what the lease car will be worth at the de-fleet date. We ask you to work out your mileage as accurately as possible as the excess mileage charges tend to be hire than a 2 or 3 year lease.
There is a minimum period to have the vehicle, usually 3 Months (Best prices at 90 days plus although some vehicles can be taken for 28 days subject to higher rentals), if you wish to terminate your vehicle at the end of this period, you must do so 30 days beforehand. If no notice is given then the contract is carried on until we receive such notice.
When the vehicle is returned, the car is checked over for any damage. Fair, Wear and Tear guides are available but it is very rare that these are applicable to the vehicle due to the shortness of a contract.
Benefits to using Short Term Flexible Leasing:
- We regularly update our vehicles (dependent on supplier), with most vehicles being no older than 24 months.
- We tend to supply prestige brands such as Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes and VW as these hold their prices, which results in competitive rentals
- We can offer a flexible car lease to fit in with you, either as a stop gap, to replace a main or company car, or even if you are waiting for a new vehicle to be delivered… Just ask the team!
- On the majority of the vehicles, maintenance is included which will cover for all of the services and tyres (except accidental damage or punctures). This is ideal if you regularly do high mileage.
- Flexible mileage allowance is available with some vehicles available with up to 6,000 miles per month.
- Those people or businesses with poor credit or CCJ’s, have a better chance of getting a credit line on Short Term Leases. We access your affordability and can offer alternative terms.
- FIXED COST MOTORING -The main benefit to Short Term Car Leasing, you know exactly how much your vehicle will cost you with no worries on maintenance, servicing or Road Fund License. All you need to do is provide insurance and fuel.
Of course there are downsides to Short Term Car Leasing, mainly the higher costs. Short Term Car Leasing can be higher than longer term Contract Hire and leasing, but will be a lot less than a Daily Rental (a long term car rental) vehicle over the same period.
Short Term Flexible
We also offer Short Term Fixed Contracts
Short Term Fixed contracts are generally; 6 Month Vehicle Contracts, 7 Month Vehicle Contracts, 9 Month Vehicle Contracts or 12 Month Vehicle Contracts – They are usually less per month than Short Term Flexible and offer Brand New or Nearly New vehicles from a wide range of manufacturers including; Audi, BMW, Ford, Vauxhall, Fiat, Toyota, Nissan and Volkswagen.
You cannot extend or reduce the fixed contracts, unless you pay a penalty. But they offer the benefit of no long term commitment, which is what you’d have to do on a 2, 3 or even 4 year contract hire. Quite a few customers like the idea of fixed contracts so they can change their cars every 6, 9 or even 12 months.
Short Term Fixed
Get more information on Short Term Contract Hire
For more information please call: 0330 330 9425 – you can also email us at email@example.com or you can complete the form below to request more information.